Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The model, D Armond, is a Native American actor in several Native American related movies: Blood Red Earth, We Shall Remain and in non-fiction documentary films, and he studied International Affairs at Columbia MFA program and plays the Native American flute. I was lucky to meet him in Santa Fe. He is intelligent and holds great pride in his Native American heritage. Not only does he play the flute, he also likes to play contemporary music like classic rock, my music genre of choice. We play the guitar together at my studio when he passes by my studio and stops by.
This is a Ala Prima technique during a 3 hours for one session. I toned the white canvas with raw umber and underpainted and colored over it. Please take note of the reflected subtle color changes and value.

Worrior, D Armond demo
20'x16' oil on canvas

No comments: